Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Yarn Menagerie

It's finished! My elephant is finished! And I've brought pictures! Plus, I spent a little extra time and money and bought some yarn and made my giraffe! So, my little yarn menagerie is up to three animals now. My project for today is a flying pig for one of the ladies at Sarah Jane's. Last night was so much fun. We knit until 2 in the morning and then Chris and I came home and I stayed up till 5 working on my giraffe. His spots are such a pain to sew on. So, he's kind of a spotless giraffe right now. And I'm trying to think of some type of decoration for my elephant so that he doesn't look so plain. The giraffe has spots, and the lion has a sparkly main, so I don't really know how to make the elephant less plain. He is cute, but plain. Chris and I patched things up over dinner. We went out and got wings and talked a lot, and we are both going to try and work a little harder at understanding each other. We needed to have that talk. Things are good now. We had a really good time watching Short Circuit 2, and then the Simpsons. It was a pretty good night. He is really into this whole yarn store idea, and I'm totally behind him on that. It's going to be interesting to watch him develop this. I think that's all for now... I will post my pictures and begin working on my flying pig. I think I'm going to make him a little differently so that he stands on all four feet instead of sitting down like mine are. I just want to make sure you can see the wings alright. After all, what's the point of having a flying pig if you can't see the wings?

Due to some technical issues with blogger, I can't upload my pictures here. I will go make a flickr account and will be back soon and link to my pictures. That will just be easier.

No comments: