Friday, April 11, 2008

Blast Fair Isle to Hell (and bring it back quickly, because I'm awfully interested to hear how the trip went!)

Damn it all. I have been rifling through some blogs, sites, books and magazines looking for something easy to stretch my fair isle legs with. I've never tried it before, and I'm fully regretting that now. I've been knitting for far too long to not have tried simple things like cables and fair isle. I just need to suck it up and try. It can't be that hard, right? I mean, I'm sure it's confusing at first, but with a little practice I'm sure I will be able to pick it right up. And it's probably a pretty cool yarn-saving trick. I don't know, but now I have all these new ideas on hand to try fair isle and intarsia (or are they the same thing...?) and I still HAVEN'T FINISHED MY OTHER PROJECTS!! Chris is getting sick of seeing my random yarn bursts around the house and I really am trying to get things finished. I'll finish my elephant when I get home from school
(did I mention I started and am extremely close to finishing my elephant? Well, if I didn't, I am now. It's almost done. It needs one more arm, stuffed and some ears. It will be done before the knit in tonight. Maybe I'll take him with me as a mascot.)
and then look into some more complex projects to work on tonight. I really wanted to make that scarf, and it would have been a really cool project to show off. I grabbed some extra cash at the ATM over lunch, so maybe I will just give in and buy something soft and pretty to make a new hat out of or something. Maybe I can talk Chris into going to Wal-Mart and I can buy some cheap yellow and brown cotton to make a giraffe out of like I wanted to so long ago.
The problem with making a polar bear or giraffe is that they are crocheted. I don't want to go to a knit in where everyone is knitting and I'm just the weird girl who crochets. Hmm.
Chris keeps proposing that my blog turn into a yarn haven where I can open up my own shop. This idea sounds unbelievable in so many ways. One: It's what I would love to do with myself. I want to open either a yarn shop or a Ritter's. Two: He's actually serious about it!
Oh my god. I know what I want to do tonight. I want to get inked! I think I am going web hunting for a picture of needles to get inked tonight. I'll post a picture if I find a good one!

No comments: