Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Yup, My Mother Thinks I'm Crazy as Well

I told my mom about my tattoo idea. I said I wanted it as a birthday present. She told me it's a good thing my birthday is so far away. That way I can think about it. Lame.
I have been searching high and low on Ravelry for some good project ideas. I want to knit again for a while, and I'm thinking that I want to make a sweater possibly. There is the cutest little tank/short combo from a book that I really would like to get, but there are no copies available at the library and I'm currently out of yarn money to buy books or any materials. Something tells me I would need to buy a new set of needles for it as much as I don't really want to. There's also the question of yarn. It's made out of cotton which means I should have no trouble finding the same yarn or replacing it with something similar. The kind in the pattern is ugly to me because of the varigation. I like solid colors. Call me crazy.
My mom just lectured me via text that it's my body and that tattoo would be there forever. Need I remind her that she has a fairly large tattoo in the middle of her shoulder blades depicting a turned dragon that is in many ways similar to her ex-husband's in appearance and placement? Yes, I must. And...She said I am a brat. How fun.
School is giving away recycled grocery bags today. I think I will stop and get one. I need a new knitting bag that way I can throw my normal one in the washer. It has a coffee stain on it.
Chris and I are still arguing over nothing. It's starting to get to me. He doesn't understand that he should have apologized instead of waiting for me to tell him to. That's not how apologies are supposed to work, is it? Now I'm both upset and sad. I want this to be over, but not until he understands that I'm not going to just cave in every time. If he yells at me, it's not my sole responsibility to come running to him crying and saying "I'm sorry, I never meant to hurt you." He needs to step up and feel bad for hurting me. He said he is coming to school for lunch, but I have a feeling it's just going to be a waste of time. He's just going to pretend nothing happened and I'm still going to want an apology. This will probably continue until we get into another argument where it will just resurface. How do I know this? One: I am a girl. Arguments always resurface no matter how obscure and irrelevant. Two: Previous experience with guys. Guys want to move on, girls can't. That's just how it works. I love Chris because he isn't a typical guy, but he is still a guy. We'll see what happens.
My fingers are just itching to work. When not typing here, they are clicking and double clicking on Ravelry or even better, working with some scrumptious fiber just begging to become something beautiful. My heart is racing and my fingers fidgety. I want to work. I'm off to work on my penguin. I love my penguin. Oh wait, did I mention I'm making a penguin?

Oh by the way: I'm making a penguin.
Oh yeah: And I still want my tattoo.

No comments: