Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Master List

I need to create a master list of what animals I want to make. Here goes.
1. Finish up my polar bear
2. Black panther
3. Iguana (named Jub-Jub already)
4. Fish (with sequined scales!)
5. Zebra
6. Penguin
7. Tiger (for all you Warsaw fans out there)

That's all I can think of for now. I just finished sorting through my suitcase of yarn and untangled a bunch. I got inspired to create so many things. The funny part is, all I want to create are these little animals.
I keep thinking to myself that I should make a monkey, but I really just don't want to. Everyone makes an amigurumi monkey, and I think they are all kinda lame. So, I really just don't want to make a monkey. Maybe a gorilla. That throws a lot of thought into making the arms look right. I just don't want to bring another poor pathetic sock monkey into this world without someone to love him.
My flying pig fits in so nicely with all the other animals. I think my shelf where they are all sitting together is going to be too small by the end of the day. Once I finish my polar bear, I'm going to need to relocate my precious menagerie or find an overflow shelf. Maybe one day in the future you will walk into my apartment and there will be a little crocheted critter sitting on every available surface. Oh, just thought of another animal to make.
8. Chicken

This is going to be a terrible master list because I can just see in two weeks having 12 different blog posts with 3 or 4 animals adding to my list each time. This little habit I have now could very easily get out of hand pretty soon. I'm crazed.
So, back to the polar bear. He is adorable. I made him to lay on his belly like the pig and his face is just so sweet. I made the face before I put stuffing in his head. I found out it's a little easier that way. Why did I decide to switch it up this time?
Chris is making a movie. Not a "motion" movie, more like a stop-time kinda thing. He's making a movie about my polar bear being made. Every round I finish, he sets it on a black sheet and takes a bunch of pictures. When the movie is finished, it will look like the polar bear is watching himself be made (which is why I put the face on first). I made the nose and then one eye pops up and then the other one. I'm really REALLY excited about this. Chris said he's always wanted to do a movie like this but didn't know anyone who could make stuff like this. He also said he would make me a knitting avatar with needles knitting a scarf. I can't tell you how excited I am about this. Today, I think we are going to his mom's house to get his tripod to take some better pictures. His hands shake when you turn the flash off. The best part about this movie? We want to turn it into a Coke commercial! We want the little polar bear to walk off the screen once he has legs and scoot back on to the screen with a can of Coke. I purposefully didn't put his mouth on yet (it will in turn look something like the lion's, only slightly more like a smile) because when he opens the Coke, he is going to have a little smile spread across his face! Isn't that just such a cool idea?! I can't wait till Chris gets up (I swear sometimes that boy would sleep all day if I let him!) because I really want to finish my polar bear so we can get this movie rolling. The song I want to play in the background? "One of these things first" from the Garden State soundtrack. Give it a listen. It's such a great song. I wish I knew how to turn that text into a link to that song. That would make me a master blogger. Oh well. Maybe Chris can show me once he wakes up.
I am going to go start on another animal until Chris gets up. Which one, though? Guess you will have to wait and see!

No comments: