Friday, April 4, 2008

The Guilt Continues


Well, as for my cabled hat, it's coming along swimmingly. Actually, the damn thing is falling apart. I love the orange I'm using, but I discovered that I don't have enough to finish the hat by far. So, I'm deciding whether to rip it out completely and buy new yarn or emergency stripe it. Hmm. These are pressing questions indeed. When beginning the first round, I didn't pull my yarn tight enough on my purl stitches (the ribbing worked is P3, K3) and the gap between the first and third needles is pretty grotesque. However, I am finding it difficult to just say the hell with it and rip it out. Why, you ask?
1. I've never made anything cabled before. I don't want to get this far (I've just completed my first chart which I now need to repeat twice more) and just rip it's guts out. I'm too attached at this point.
2. It's true that I've never cabled before, but I know the function of a cable needle. I also know that you can cable without needles. I also know that you don't actually have to go out and buy some fancy shmancy cable needle. However, never in my years as a knitter have I heard of anyone using a crochet hook as a cable needle until now. Yes, that's right. I've been using a size H crochet hook as my cable needle. And you know what? It does a darn good job.
So you see, I am having a rough time ripping it apart and starting over. I really would like to go out and buy new yarn for it. Something hand-dyed or fuzzy. I really don't have the money to do such a thing, but I really would like to.
As promised, I will post a picture of my amigurumi lion I worked so tirelessly on.

Lies. I can't upload a picture from here. I must go, I have to go get picked up by boyfriend. Damn car dying...

No comments: