Saturday, September 29, 2007

Party With the Hardcore Knitter

Yes, I describe myself as a hardcore knitter. I don't knit doillies, I don't shop at Wal-mart for yarn, and my projects are designed for college students, so they have to be trendy. Last night, I went to a party.
And I became the "cool girl who knits".
I take this as a compliment. I had never met most of the people at the party, so I feel honored that they dub me "cool" because I knit. Showing them pictures on my phone of recent projects I had completed (aka, my awesome hat), they became even more interested in the college girl who knits. I'm flattered.
Although, at the same time, I am terribly disappointed. Being in college means I am broke. I have less than $30 in my checking account. I bought a new crochet book the other day that left me $12 out. I had to fork over $50 for rent I haven't started paying on yet, and this is where poeple should stop reading; I shelled out $41 for two shirts from Hollister so that I would "fit in" at the party last night. (The girl I went with worked at Hollister, and as I later found out, so did quite literally everyone else at the party.)
Shame on me, I am broke and now have no money until Monday, when I get paid. My new ambition is to go into Hollister today and fill out an application for work. Having two jobs is bound to better for my income than one. One to pay rent with, one to pay tuition with.
Yup, tution. That's what it will go towards...

No comments: