Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Quitting

I'm quitting both my jobs and becoming a full-time knitter. I can't stand either of my jobs anymore and I just want to leave this life and start over as a knitter. It's the only thing I want to do anymore and I can't stand it.
What has sparked this shocking turn of character? What has caused me to change my entire world view? Why have I suddenly and unexpectedly given up something I have loved since the tender age of 14?
I have been declined a job at DeBrand's. Damn it! I wanted this job! I needed an actual full time job, rather than two completely worthless jobs. I am running out of hope for work. I used to love working. I had such dreams. I want to just give up and knit/crochet for a living. I don't plan on going into the office at all this week because I just got screwed over on my paycheck. I worked 36 hours and made $250? That's wrong! I'm supposed to be making $10 an hour! I should not have had a third of my paycheck taken out in taxes! I think Dan is screwing me over and still paying me only $8 an hour. I hate Ritter's, and I hate IFN. I know that Chris has much better reasons to hate it, but I know what I like about jobs. I hate working for people that won't do the same tasks they ask me to do. Dan does that. I also hate being treated like I don't know what I'm doing. I have been working at Ritter's for longer than anyone else there and they all treat me like I'm just some lost and confused new employee.
I've lost the will to work. Today I'm going to finish my cardigan and start something new. I doubt I will work at all. I hate my job. Therefore, I'm not going to. Period. Tired of work. Done.
On the plus side, this cardigan is coming along really well.

No comments: