Saturday, April 26, 2008

StitchDown-LetDown

I was so pumped for the stitchdown today. I had all these plans for taking in my sweater and letting everyone just touch it and congratulate me. Now, I am stranded at Ritter's on a windy and miserable day. I thought for sure that I had to work yesterday, but no. I have to work 4 to close today and now all my plans are ruined. I am beyond pissed.
In good news, my sweater is coming along simply swimmingly and the more I finish, the more I just love it. Each stitch is painstakingly counted and passed oh-so-carefully from the left to the right. I have three rows left until I begin the shaping on the neck and shoulders. Then, I have to make the sleeves and sew it all together. It looked small when I began the back, but now I can see that it will be big enough to get over my weird ass hips. It's slightly longer than I thought it was supposed to be, but that just thrills me more. The picture makes it look like it ends right at the waistband. I see now that it will be a little longer than that, which I am happy for. I hate short shirts. I like knowing that I can pull it down when I'm sitting so that you can't see my underwear like the stupid slutty girls at school.
I thought it was strange that the pattern uses short row shaping over the chest. My sweater has boobs now. It's just weird. I've never seen a sweater with boobs before. I do like the idea, however. It's like the sweater gives the same support a bra would give, only it's built right in. Like, a little shelf for them to sit on. Kinda cool if you ask me.

No comments: